- Creative: We are creative and find new ways of making the world a better place for all
- Committed to the poor: We feel called to serve the neediest people of the earth; to relieve their suffering and to promote the transformation of their condition of life.
- Value all people: We give priority to people before money, structure, systems and other institutional machinery. We act in ways that respect the dignity, uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every person
- We are stewards: The resources at our disposal are not our own. We are faithful to the purpose for which those resources are given and manage them in a manner that brings maximum benefit to the poor.
- We speak and act honestly: We are open and factual in our dealings and strive for consistency between what we say and what we do.
- Professionalism: We demand of ourselves high standards of professional competence and accept the need to be accountable through appropriate structures for achieving these standards.
- Partnerships: We are partners so we accept the obligations of joint participation, shared goals and mutual accountability that true partnership requires. We affirm our inter-dependence and our willingness to yield autonomy as necessary for the common good.
- Responsive: We are responsive to life-threatening emergencies where our involvement is needed and appropriate. We are willing to take intelligent risks and act quickly.
Commitment to our core values
We recognise that values cannot be legislated; they must be lived. Therefore, we covenant with each other, to do our utmost individually and as corporately to uphold these Core Values, to honour them in our decisions, to express them in our relationships and to act consistently.